This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Sunday, June 6, 2010

Day of Days Remembered

"Wars do not make men great, but they do bring out the greatness in good men." - Major Richard Winters, US Army (ret.)

I read in the paper today (yes, some of us grognards still like to get our news in print in addition to using the World Wide Internets) that some "Band of Brothers" vets are working on the Richard Winters Leadership project to honor their former commander.

Just something to think about as we go about our routines on a Sunday that was anything but routine for thousands of soldiers, sailors, and airmen on 6 June 1944.

No comments: