This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, November 1, 2010

Crystal Brush 2011

Wow...$10,000 for painting a miniature! Now this is going to be interesting, especially when you take this rule into consideration:

"a) Judging will be by panel selected by CoolMiniOrNot and Adepticon, which shall account for 50% of the score. 50% of the score shall be determined by popular vote on CoolMiniOrNot.com between April 1st and April 3rd."

I wonder how the painters feel about that. I guess if you have a lot of fans, you like it. But will it just degenerate into a high school popularity contest? Full rules can be seen here.

Someone is going to walk away with $10K for PAINTING A MINIATURE...how cool is that?

No comments: