This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

The Lead Market Report - December/January 2011

Back in December, I noted the crazy amounts that a couple of WEG Star Wars minis went for. So I thought I'd start a new monthly feature where I share what various minis have been going for on eBay, Craigslist, etc. This time, I'm covering December 2010 and January 2011, but moving forward I'll most likely only cover a month at a time. So here we go!

Citadel: I loves me them Citadel giants, but $54.08 for one of the C28 giants was too rich for my blood. I'll keep holding out, and try to pick one up in some random lot like I did here.

Grenadier: Look out, here comes the Giants Club! The Dwarven Giant sold for $33, the ettin, I mean Two Headed Giant sold for $33.76, the Sea Giant went for $33, and the Hill Giants tallied $34.

Ral Partha: RP box sets continue to do well. Both of the Birthright sets went for $67 each (10-523 Abominations and 10-524 Personalities of the Blood), while 10-514 Dragon Mountain sold for $64. 10-503 Huma's Silver Dragon commanded $61, with its Dragonlance counterpart 10-500 The Red Dragon of Krynn taking in $51. And if you ever need an ogre battle force, how about 10-561 Billidum and the Ogre Marauders for $32.68? Finally, someone plunked down $75 for 01-503 The Great Red Dragon.

Reaper: The Deep Pockets award this time around goes to the collector who picked up a pair of DOOM minis for a whopping $96.99! Does anyone even play DOOM anymore? BFG, indeed.

Thunderbolt Mountain: Fred! Charly! Where's my wallet? This super-cool and rare vintage set went for a fairly modest $76.50, so that's what, just under $10 per mini?

West End Games: Star Wars just keeps raking in the big bucks all these years later. To go along with the Tauntaun and AT-PT (see the first link), the Snowspeeder sold for a cool $61.

So yes, there seems to be no shortage of well-heeled (or credit-extended) collectors out there who love to spend large on rare, carded, boxed, and shrinked minis. There are already a couple of doozies for next month, so stay tuned for the February report sometime in early March. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: