This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Favorite Adventure I Have DM'd

Most of my DMing was done back in the day, when I would run the neighborhood kids and a few schoolmates through various adventures. To that end, I am choosing B1 - In Search Of The Unknown as my favorite adventure to DM. You could stock the dungeon with any number of critters, loot, junk, and random encounters - and never do it the same way twice! As a novice DM, it really grabbed my attention.

Honorable mention goes to B2 - Keep On The Borderlands. Excellent low-level crawl. The owlbear always got their attention, if they felt a little too cocky after knocking off some kobolds.

I would be remiss if I did not give a shout out to T1 - The Village of Hommlet. I don't think I had the proper DM chops to really give this the full experience it deserves back then, but now I have to consider it my all-time favorite low-level AD&D module. The suspense slowly builds up starting in Hommlet, and gets bumped up a few more notches exploring the creepy moathouse (frogs, spiders, and green slime, oh my!). By the time the party reaches Lareth the Beautiful, the tension is so thick you need a vorpal to cut it.

No comments: