This blog is about the world of gaming miniatures, as seen from my perspective. I've been collecting and painting for over 30 years now, and while my primary focus is miniatures for D&D, I also enjoy many other games that use minis, so we'll be covering those as well. Thanks for stopping by!

Monday, September 16, 2013

Favorite Monster - Aberration

Carrion Crawler. What? A creature that does 0 damage? Ah, but that's the beauty behind the crawler's appeal to me. How many times has your character been attacked 8 times, been hit 3-4 times, and forced you to save 3-4 times or be taken out of the fight?

The best carrion crawler miniature out there is the Citadel AD&D version - ADD72. The second best would be Otherworld's Carcass Scavengers (this one and this one). I have never been a fan of Heritage's Carrion Worm.

Honorable Mention for aberration is another zero damage critter - the Rust Monster!

Put one or more of each in a room and watch the entire party scream like girls. Hours of fun for sadistic DMs.

No comments: